Home visits are offered exclusively to people who are completely housebound such as the frail elderly and patients who are terminally ill.
We ask you to always attend the Health Centre if at all possible.
The benefits of attending the Health Centre are –
- Facilities for examination are far better at the Health Centre
- We are able to arrange blood tests
- We have more equipment to hand should this be necessary
- We have other colleagues on hand, should a second opinion be necessary
- At least 3 patients can be seen at the practice in the time it takes to conduct 1 home visit, so allowing us to provide a better service for all of our patients
- If you do feel a home visit is, or is likely to be, necessary, please could you ring the Health Centre before 10.00am as this will assist in prioritising and planning rounds?
We will ask you to leave a contact number so that the doctor can ring you back.
We can safely deal with many conditions via a telephone consultation without the need for a visit and the doctor will discuss this with you.
In other cases, we may request that you attend the Health Centre but will ensure that your waiting time is minimized.